It's been a busy month! With e end of CNY, work seemed to pick up full-speed and it's been endless weeks of work after-work. Note to self: need to eat less sinful, more healthy, sleep early, wake up later, meet my family more, spend quality time with the hubby, do 2x yoga a week, run more frequently. What a list.. last one - bake n blog more!
Banana / Cranberry Cinnamon Rolls
Tangzhong recipe:25g bread flour
1 large egg
All of above Tangzhong (should have 120g)
350g bread flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon instant yeast
30g plain yoghurt
1 tablespoon cinnamon powder (adjust to preference)
30g brown sugar
3 over-ripe bananas, sliced
1/4 cup cranberries, soaked 30 minutes in milk (I soaked it in the milk needed for the bread ingredients above listed)
Dough knead (in a breadmaker):1. Combine all wet ingredients in breadmaker's loaf pan
2. Place flour, sugar and salt into the wet mixture and stir the dry ingredients lightly. Add the yeast, ensure that it does not come into contact with the salt.
3. Choose dough program
4. Machine will start to knead the mixture. When gluten starts to form, around 5 minutes onwards, add the yoghurt.
5. At the end of program, turn dough onto a floured surface. Flatten gently and divide into 2 portions. Form into balls and let it relax for 15 minutes.6. Roll each ball into a thin rectangle. Mix the cinnamon powder and sugar together, sprinkle generously across the dough.
7. Place sliced banana or sprinkle cranberries across the dough
8. Roll the long side up and seal tightly, placing the roll on the sealed side down.
9. Cut into slices and place opened side up on baking tray.
10. Let rise for 30 minutes, until doubled in size.
11. Bake for 20 minutes at 190C, until top is golden brown.
See how fat they've bloomed! It was pretty light and the banana ones went down especially well with the family!
Sharing this withYeastSpotting
BYOB at Roxana's Home Baking