Tuesday, March 26, 2013
PB Chocolate Brownie
Not really knowing what to call it, I'm going to somewhat follow the owner of the recipe. This is a really easy bake - major steps only involve melting the chocolate/butter, stirring/beating a few ingredients together and into the oven it goes. It only needs 12 minutes to achieve this lava quality. Be very mindful of the time needed, since overbaking will completely cook the inside and it will really just be a normal brownie. I would suggest to test 1 in the oven first before baking an entire batch.
85g unsalted butter
400g dark chocolate (I used Nestle Swiss Dark chocolate)
100 peanut butter (I used Skippy Chunky peanut better)
3 eggs at room temp
1/2 cup sugar
1.5 teaspoon instant coffee powder (I used Nestle coffee granules)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
Method (Adapted from here)
Oven 180C, oil 2 6" trays or 18 small cupcake liners
1. Over a simmering pot of water, melt the chocolate, butter and peanut butter in a metal bowl.
2. Once melted and smooth, let the mixture cool.
3. Beat eggs, sugar, coffee and vanilla extract. until light in colour
4. Add the chocolate mixture and mix thoroughly
5. Add flour, baking power and salt into the above mixture and stir in until just combined.
6. Divide into cake liners/ trays and bake for 12 minutes for cupcakes, 25 min for whole cakes (6")